Since hot temperatures usually don’t let you enjoy all your favorite dishes, it’s time for you to prepare for summer with some delicious summer salad recipes. Not only salads are fast and easy to make, but they’re also very healthy and a great way of staying nourished and hydrated in high temperatures.
1. Kale-and-Blueberry Slaw together with a buttermilk dressing. Even though it might not be your first option when you think about a summer salad, the kale and blueberry slaw goes perfectly with the buttermilk dressing, just right for a fast meal on a hot day!
See also: 6 Fast Fruit Dessert Ideas
2. Berry salad. Berries are very healthy and a very good source of vitamins and nutrients. They are very tasty and can be used not only in desserts, but also in salads. They might be sweet, but you can definitely play along the tastes of sweet and sour to obtain a fresh salad.
3. Lemon-basil shrimp salad. Not all salads have to contain only vegetables, but if you want to eat something light for lunch or even dinner, you can add some shrimp, lemon and basil and you’ll have a fresh meal with a certain taste of the Mediterranean.
4. Tortellini salad. Remember that a salad has to help you not be so hungry, so it might be a good idea to add some pasta to it. Add tortellini and some Dill mustard for an extra flavor and you’re good to go! If you’re on a diet though, you should pay more attention to the summer salad recipes you choose!
5. Grilled peach and mozzarella. Cheese and fruits is not quite an unusual combination, isn’t it? And if you’re a salad lover you are probably used to it, but we cannot skip this incredibly delicious combination on our list of summer salads! Only the thought of the sweetness of the peach and the taste of mozzarella makes our mouths water!
See also: Healthy Snacks to Keep You Happy
6. Spinach and strawberry. Although this could also count as a berry salad, the combination is quite unusual, but also very rich in proteins and vitamins. Everybody knows that spinach has a great nutritious value, and if you combine it with strawberries, the taste will be unique!
7. Honey, chicken, shrimp and tomato salad. Usually, the more ingredients you add, the better the salad, but you will have to be careful with the choices. This combination however is great because it combines sweet and fresh tastes with consistent food like chicken and shrimp, resulting in a delicious and satisfying meal, not to mention healthy.
8. Bacon potato salad. Yes, for those who are not on a diet but still want to eat a salad, there is also the option of making a bacon potato salad. It might not be as calorie-free as the rest of them, but it’s certainly a good way of ensuring a sufficient meal for the day. Remember to add any sauce or dressing you want and to enjoy it!
See also: Culinary Design – Food Art