Smell is a subtle, yet important detail, that can help you feel great in your own home, so take advantage of that!
It may seem unimportant, but you must know that a fragrance is very important to a home atmosphere. It is a subtle detail that makes everything look or feel better… or worse, if you don’t take care of this aspect. However, this is also an art and you should know how and what fragrances to use. Don’t worry if you haven’t heard of this before, we prepared you a list with home fragrances tips!
See also: Balcony Desk Suggestions
1. Choose different fragrances for each room. Just like you wouldn’t choose a vibrant design for a relaxation room, you wouldn’t choose a strong perfume either. Simply visualize how you would want to feel in that room and go for a scent that matches the feeling: you want to relax, choose a light perfume, perhaps a floral and mild one, whereas if you want to wake up or refresh yourself, you should choose a strong scent.
2. Make your own fragrance. Sometimes the offer for home fragrances out there on the market may not satisfy you, and in this case it’s time for you to have your own homemade scent. One of the easiest recipes is to add 1/8 cup baking soda in 2 cups of hot water, together with ½ cup of lemon juice. Just put them into a spray bottle, shake it and refresh your home! There are also lots of ideas on how to make your own jelly freshener, solid deodorizer and so on.
See also: Guest Room Design Ideas
3. Use natural plants. Perhaps you don’t know how to make a DIY deodorizer or you don’t have time for this. In this case, choose natural dried up plants and place them in jars around the room. Lavender is a good option for this and it has a strong scent too. Simply take lavender, dry it up and place it in smaller jars. Not only it will help the smell in the room, but they will also look cute and make the design fresher.
4. Tea bags are an inexpensive solution. These are recommended especially in small places where strong smells can take up the entire room quickly, like the bathroom, laundry room and even closets. Simply hang a couple of tea bags behind the door and let them do their job. The best part here is that you can choose whatever flavor you want! If you notice that the smell starts to fade away, simply pour a few drops of essential oil on the bags and they will be like new.
5. Vary the means. Home fragrances are so flexible and varied that it would be a shame to stick to just one method of scenting your home. Thankfully, there are countless options out there: essential oils, scented candles, scented burning sticks, potpourri bags, automated air fresheners and so on and so forth. It all depends on your taste and what’s great is the fact that you can combine them!
See also: Bed Sheet Dictionary