Not everybody know how to use paintings when decorating a room, but after reading our article you will surely have a good idea on what's the next step!
People generally think that it’s enough to buy a valuable painting or one made by a specific artist to embellish a room and to make the design exquisite. Unfortunately, there is more to that than you might think. Starting from the smallest things and figuring out the bigger picture, there are some things you should know on how to decorate with paintings if you want a great result!
See also: 5 Creative Windowsill Ideas
1. Colors are important. If you don’t care about the value of the painting and are more interested in the aesthetics of the general design, you should look at the colors mainly. For instance, if your design is focused on warm colors, a painting with tones of red, yellow and orange is recommended to complete the general idea of the decor, regardless of the style in itself or the author.
2. Style. Another important point to remember about how to decorate with paintings is the style. Matching the style and the period of the painting with the rest of the decor can be an easy job if you know what to do. Of course, it’s easier to start from the paintings you already have them, but you can also buy them after you decide the theme of the room. And if you’re not sure about what we mean, we can only tell you that a good example is if you have a postmodern design for the room: a surrealist painting or a postmodern one can very well complete the general idea of your initial decor and add some value at the same time.
See also: 7 Secrets for a Great Luxury Furniture
3. Size. Size is pretty important when it comes to choosing how to decorate with paintings. Bigger paintings can influence the look of the final decor by drawing attention to the more artistic side of the room. Smaller ones though may not seem that important, but they bring that small touch in the room that can define a certain direction of the style. A medieval style can be perfectly completed by an elegant frame for a painting, regardless of the style of the painting itself.
4. Correspondences. If you really want your design to rely on paintings, you can always find similar elements both in the painting and in the room. Let us give you a simple example: if you love horses, you can choose a painting depicting black ones and at the same time look for statuettes of horses or use curtains, rugs or cushions with patterns with black horses. In this way you will create harmony throughout the room.
5. Customize! Finding the perfect painting can prove to be a difficult task sometimes, so that’s why customizing one can be a solution for you. If you have an artistic character, you can even paint it yourself, there are many ideas and ways to paint out there even if you’re not an expert. If not, there are artists who can help you have a painting exactly how you want, suitable for your own home.
See also: Coffee Themed Apartment Ideas