Organizing your desk is not just a problem related to your productivity or to the looks of the room. It is very important for your health, for the eyes for instance, and also for the mind. It has been proven that you are most productive when the desk is clean and smooth. And if you’re not sure about how to proper organize your desk, check out these tips and tricks!
– Take out all the things. As paradoxically as it might seem, the first step toward a proper organization of your desk is to place aside all the things. Seeing all of them put together will help you realize which are the most important or the most often used and which are not. Also, you can categorize them depending on their domain of use.
See also: Cleaning Tips for Your Home
– Next step when you want to properly organize your desk is to place the most important and most used things within easy reach. For instance, keep the first drawer of the desk only for the things you use more often, the second one for those who are rarely used and so on. It’s very important to respect their place all the time, so that you know where to find them instantly.
– Important healthy tip! Never place the monitor of your desktop up! It’s recommended to look down to it for the health of your eyes and your back, so don’t put it higher than the level of your head. Also, try to place the desk or the screen in such a way that the light coming through the window reflects on it. It’s very tiring for the eyes and it will distract you while working.
– Don’t store unnecessary things on the desk! If you don’t use it regularly or it has nothing to do with your work, it shouldn’t be there. Of course, you can add small decorations here and there, a photo or a glass with some flowers to freshen up the air, but refrain from keeping items like keys, storage boxes, glasses and other like this.
See also: How to Have a Healthy Bedroom
– Use storage compartments from shops. It’s not hard to organize your desk in a great manner if you use some clever tips and tricks. For instance, there are paper trays, magazine holders and similar small storage compartments that do a really good job in keeping your desk organized.
– As much as possible, avoid using post-its. Although it may seem that they help you a lot in reminding you of your tasks, they are actually quite annoying from a visual point of view. Try to use virtual ones on your computer or laptop!
– Last but not least, organize your desk by keeping a small trash can under it. You often need to throw things away, but you don’t want to walk all the way to the bin? Keep a small one there for waste paper and other things you don’t use. Remember to keep it clean!
See also: 6 Tips on Caring for Indoor Plants