If you want to know how you can preserve more and better your yacht, take note of these tips and tricks!
For those who own a yacht or plan on buying one in the future, there are some things you need to know. Obviously you can’t just forget about your yacht once you bought it, but you have to maintain it. Here you have some useful yacht maintenance tips to help you take good care of your beloved yacht!
See also: Smart House Design Ideas
1. Keep it clean! Cleaning is one of the most important actions you can take for your yacht. Remember that if it gets dirty it’s much harder to clean it up afterwards, so clean it on time. More than that, keeping it clean is important for preventing degradation caused by environmental factors. Think about the fact that you keep it permanently in salty water, and this accelerates any degradation your yacht would normally suffer.
2. Offer it proper care. Just like you take care of yourself, you need to take care of your yacht too. Besides washing and cleaning, it also needs some special care. Remember to wax it regularly and to use some special paint that protects the material from natural elements. However, make sure you use environmentally friendly products whenever you can and also, use a cover to protect it from wind and other dangers that might affect it.
3. Inspect it often. Keep an active eye on the safety and maintenance of your boat and give it an inspection from time to time. Checking everything even though nothing seems broken is especially important when it comes to safety pieces and places that need to be in order for a proper functioning of the yacht. A good prevention can help you avoid even dangerous accidents and a thing as simple as replacing an old rope or a loose fitting can be vital.
See also: Tech Bathroom Gadgets
4. Take care of the motor. It is recommended to flush the engine after every outing and you should check everything every once in a while. For the same reasons as above, you should check also the engine: the fuel tanks, the clamps on the fuel line and basically any sign of damage, rust or corrosion.
5. Care for the battery. Also one of the most important yacht maintenance tips is to care for the battery. This is also essential for the well being of the yacht and your safety when sailing, so you should always see if it’s fully and properly charged and if the fluid levels are correct. Make sure there is no dampness or dirt around the battery, since this can also drain your battery.
6. Check electrical components. Needless to say, similar to the other yacht maintenance tips, this is not just a routine check, but it is at the same time an action you should take for your safety. Make sure there are no corroded electrical systems and keep them away from dampness or any kind of water, if you don’t want any other complications. One option would be to use a special grease which is non-conductive and water-repellant or a corrosion inhibitor.
See also: 5 Tips on How to Choose Your TV