Make your bedroom much more healthy by following these simple and useful tips and tricks!
Specialists say that we spend approximately a third of our lives in the bedroom. That’s why it’s very important to make sure that you have a healthy bedroom and that you don’t run any risks of getting sick from different bacteria or other stuff in the room. Read on our tips on how to keep your bedroom clean and healthy!
- Check the mold history of the house. If the house is very old, it might not be properly termically isolated, so you should check for this. The temperature and humidity are perfect environments for bacteria in the mold to develop. And if you think mold is just an annoying thing on your walls, you might want to know that it’s among the causes of respiratory problems or skin and nail infections. If you’re not sure, you might want to talk to your allergist and ask him about the proper conditions. And since we’re here, you should check the status of your mattress too. Throughout the years, lots of dust mites and bacteria can hide in the texture, so be careful with that!
- Create the conditions for a proper sleeping session. Remove any light or noise from the bedroom. Doctors usually recommend a chilly temperature in the room for a more profound sleep, so you might want to follow that advice for a more healthy bedroom. Also, try to block any light coming from outside, so that nothing will wake you up, and try to remove as many tech objects as possible from the room. Apparently, they have a great influence on the quality of our sleep. Moreover, you could use a humidifier or a dehumidifier if you feel the air is too dry or too humid.
- Keep pets out. As much as you’d love your dog or your cat, it’s better to keep it away from your bedroom. Try playing with it in the living room, for instance, but it’s not at all recommendable to have all that stray hair lying around. Think about the fact that you’re actually inhaling it all the time you’re sleeping or simply staying in the bedroom. For this reason, if you want a healthy bedroom, it’s recommendable not to sleep with your pet in the same bed.
See also: Industrial Bedroom Design Ideas
- Use healthy cleaners and detergents. You might want to prepare them yourself, but if you don’t, you can always buy green cleaners from the store. There is a simple logic behind this advice: the less chemicals you bring into the bedroom, the better!
- Stay out of the bedroom as much as possible. For a healthy bedroom, try not to bring in too much germs or bacteria from outside. That’s not as complicated as it sounds and you don’t need to have a space suit on before entering, but you should stick to some simple rules, like don’t lay on the bed with the street clothes, don’t walk into the room with the street shoes, even if they appear to be clean and so on.